Norwich Website Design
My name is James Chambers and I am a freelance web developer situated in the historic town of Norwich, UK. I have a passion for web design and love developing clean, unique and affordable web sites. I offer a variety of different services such as search engine optimisation, domain registration and site analysis.
I was quite surprised by the amount of people who ask this question: "Why should I use a freelancer?". Well there a quite a few reasons why you would and heres some of them:
- Freelancers generally have lower rates than agencies - This is because we don't have the overheads and costs that agencies incur meaning that you, the client, receive the savings
- Using a freelancer means you have a central point of contact where you'll get to know and hopefully build a friendly relationship with them
- Updates and changes will be made quicker because there is no middleman
Web Design is usually considered a general term for what is actually two different development processes - Web Design and Web Development. Web design is the first stage of a web site. It's where creativity meets reality, where a web designer gets creative. At this stage the site is only a representational image in a graphics software suite such as Adobe Photoshop. Many websites aren't designed with the company in mind and some site designs even prevent people from trading with you. This is why JC-Studios always develops sites with the following elements:
- Corporate identity of the client is made apparent as soon as the browser views the site
- Contact information should be visible and easily accessible
- Site should not be cluttered or filled with useless information
- Key information should be displayed more prominently
- Avoid navigation that is in a place which isn't first seen or looked at by the browser
Web development is the second stage to building a website. This is the stage where code meets design and the image representation of your site actually becomes usable on the web. This is also the stage where many web developers get things wrong. Many web designers choose the route of using WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) software such as Adobe Dreamweaver. This means that they have no control over the code that is being put onto your pages and therefore ending up with messy code. This can prevent you from getting good search engine rankings.
This is the reason that JC-Studios hand codes all of the pages that your site consists of to make sure you get the best service available and for the following reasons:
- The code is clean and because we hand code - there's less bloat code meaning faster loading times
- Web site is tested in many different web browser to test compatibility
- HTML and CSS conform to the standards set by W3
- HTML and CSS is constructed to help you achieve a good search engine ranking
- Code is checked thoroughly to make sure you don't get any undesired effects
Search Engine Optimisation is offered by nearly everybody on the net. However most know nothing on the subject and charge you for adding a few META tags to your site containing the keywords you want to target; so unless your target keyword is something like "Spixworth Pygmy Puff" then your more than likely going to put up against higher ranking sites. This is why seo is a delicate and methodical procedure that needs to be done to make sure you get onto page one for your desired keywords.
There are actually two different types of SEO:
- On-page SEO - the design and coding of your site is optimized to make sure search engines can index each and every one of your pages easily and then tell them what it is about
- Off-page SEO - this takes place on the net, and makes the search engines index your site and hopefully help you get to page one.